Nope, I’m not talking about masturbation
Although, I do suggest it. There are certainly health benefits from the hormones released into the body from practicing it. It also helps to keep the vaginal wall muscles toned from contractions produced by an orgasm. Here are 13 more reasons why you might consider proactively adding it as a routine.
But this article is not about that. Because while we frequently think of masturbation when we hear “self pleasuring”, let’s talk about other ways women can pleasure themselves.
Pleasure fuels the feminine. And it’s something we rarely allow ourselves to experience. After all we have houses to clean, kids to carpool, empires to build. Who has time for pleasure?
And what is pleasure anyway?
When I talk about pleasure, I’m talking about relatively small things. Before I sat down to write this, I had a nap in my new hammock. For the pure pleasure of it! Sometimes it’s a bath with epsom salts and essential oils. Other times it’s a mani pedi. I also love the sensation of particular fabrics on my skin, or an invigorating swim in the ocean. It feels good! And I love pleasuring myself in these small ways. And there are benefits too.
Want to know what they are?
- Space: There is a way in which doing something that pleases me gives me space. It’s true I don’t have kids running around anymore, but I’m talking head space. I know for you gals with kids, this kind of pleasure may take some maneuvering, but let me tell you, it’s worth it! And for you it not only means head space, it means body space too. Give yourself a little elbow room.
- Inspiration: And sometimes that inspiration comes fast. Shall I mention my hammock again? That nap swinging in the warm breeze was so delicious that how could I not write something about pleasure after pleasing myself in this way!! For you a hot bath might inspire sexy time with a significant other. Or reading a novel just for the fun of it may inspire you to take on a new hobby. Who knows? Inspiration comes in a moment, and often unexpectedly!
- Sexiness: And speaking of sexy. Hi there gorgeous! When we allow ourselves pleasure we inhabit our bodies much more fully. And a fully inhabited body of any size or shape is Hubba, hubba! I am so serious about this one! Besides, you might actually be smiling more often, and we all know smiles are sexy.
- Attraction: Did you know the feminine is attractive? I’m not just talking about physical appearance. Women, or the feminine is designed to attract. Like a magnet. Pulling things to us. Things like men (Or women) or opportunities. But it’s a full woman that attracts, not a depleted one. Not one that doesn’t allow for pleasure in her life. Crazy but true. All that hard work will get you places where hard work gets you, but wouldn’t you rather it be a little bit easier? Yes? Try on some self pleasure!
- Self Love: This one is a big one. We walk around in a world of women with low self esteem and worth. Shame trips us up over and over again, sometimes for the simple reason that we are women. I say it’s time to take this one on. Fill yourself with pleasure over and over and over again. It’s a way to love yourself over and over and over again. And a well loved woman is a force to be reckoned with.
So you see there are plenty of reasons to consider pleasuring yourself. I’m sure you’ve thought of some reasons that I haven’t.
Take on pleasure as a practice. Get yourself a notebook. Write down things that you enjoy doing or experiencing. See what happens if you do one of those things every day for the next 30 days. Can you imagine what might happen?I can hardly wait to hear!
And if you are still looking for a lighthearted look at masturbation, or some inspiration for it, read no further than this collection of quotes I assembled.
Want to go Deeper? Book time with Michele now.